Tell Your Story!






Kenya Meets the Philippines (KeMPhi) is an online platform that is dedicated to acquainting the Kenyan audience about Filipino entertainment. We have been on for about a year and a half now and things are going good as our numbers grow each day. I’m therefore taking this opportunity to thank everyone who has been following our social media pages and reading our blog entries. 
 Sometime ago though, someone asked me what is Kenyan about KeMPhi since the blog is called 'Kenya Meets the Philippines…' While I was able to explain myself, the question got me thinking further. There really isn’t a Kenyan side of the blog apart from the fact that a Kenya runs it. I therefore came up with an idea that I hope you will like and embrace so that we take KeMPhi to that next level!
I have been responsible for writing content for the blog and I hope this idea changes my hogging spree. I therefore thought of giving Kenyan fans the chance to tell their stories by giving their background about their love and appreciation for Filipino entertainment. The stories will be posted weekly on the blog on the newest category; KeMPhi Stories.




If you’re interested in telling your story, here’s what you need to include in your entry;  
First off, tell us your name and what part of the country you’re from. Next thing, tell us which Filipino show you watched first and what has kept you coming back for more. Who are your favorite Filipino actors, actresses or love teams and which Filipino Telesyre is your favorite so far and why you loved it. Tell us any hopes and aspirations you may have as pertaining to the interaction of Kenyans with Filipino entertainment. Finally, answer this question for me; Has Kenya Meets the Philippines helped you get to know more about Filipino entertainment and how has it done so, if yes. If no, give any criticism or suggestions. You’re welcome to add anything Filipino-showbiz related content that is not covered in the questions above. You’re can also give your story a title if you want to.
Let your story have a word count of 300-500 words and please check the grammar to make sure that it’s correct. I want to upload the stories unedited so that they are your original words. If you can, please get some to proof read it to make sure the grammar is okay. You may include your photo if you’re comfortable, but it’s optional. Be as creative as you can and the best story will be posted on the blog per month. Write your story on a word document and attach it to an email. Send the email to kemphi7@yahoo.com using the subject title ‘My Kemphi Story.’
If anyone from another part of Africa is willing to tell their story as well, follow the same instructions but include the name of your country.
That’s about it. I hope you are as excited about this new venture as I am and fell free indulge me! I’m looking forward to hearing (or rather reading) from you…:D

2 comments: